Here are some wonderful facts about Sea World’s orcas!
- The average lifespan of wild orcas ranges from 30-50 years, although some females can easily make it past 80 (a wild orca named J2 or ‘Granny’ is 103 this year!). The lifespan of a Sea World orca is around 25 years, the median age being 9. But at least they put on a good show!
- Don’t worry, collapsed dorsal fins are a common condition, although in the wild only sick or injured orcas have collapsed dorsal fins. All of Sea World’s males and some females have it, it makes them look unique!
- The size of Sea World’s tanks compared to an orca is about the same as a human to a bathtub. Lot’s of room to stretch and move!
- Wild orcas swim 100+ miles a day, they would have to swim around their tank 1,400+ times a day to achieve that. But that seems like a lot of work, and you may see the animals hanging out near the surface of the water or on the bottoms of their tanks for hours. That’s a lot more relaxing than swimming all those miles!
- Sea World gives their orcas a Valium-like drug to stop the whales from acting aggressively towards each other and to numb their minds from their vastly uninteresting concrete tanks. Buying a ticket to Sea World is an excellent way to help them pay for these drugs that they pump their animals full with!
- Many captive orcas show abnormal behaviors like head bobbing, chewing on concrete, and self mutilation by banging their heads into the side of the tank. Obviously just temper-tantrums! Silly things.
- In the wild, there has been only one orca attack. Bad orca! While in captivity, there have been over 100 attacks and 4 deaths. These animals just need more training, it couldn’t possibly be related to their confinement!
- Food is used as reinforcement for tricks. Do a trick, get your dinner. Don’t want to do a trick? I guess you don’t eat tonight you stubborn thing!
See? Sea World isn’t as bad as people make it out to be! Oh, one more fact: for every $1,000,000 Sea World makes, about $600 goes into conservation efforts (about $0.5 a ticket). I’m so glad they care about conservation of the ocean! Amazing work!
If you haven’t realized it yet, this post is 100% sarcastic. It should be obvious, but not everyone understands sarcasm…
Anyone down for a guerrilla marketing scheme and print this up as a “authorized” SeaWorld info pamphlet and plant them all over the park? Anyone? Hello?
Omg that’s a good idea. Please let me know if you do…. :)
you’re really cute and its ruining my life because i think about kissing you all the time
i made an aesthetic generator now you can discover urself
communism punkBLOOD MOON hippie
Les mis grunge?
ALL HAIL THE GLOW CLOUD
museum queer ;Y
the capitalist system is a scourge on the earth femme
GAY MEMECORE. UM.
|Song: Sail / Everybody Wants to Rule the World|
|Artist: AWOLNATION and Lorde|
|Played: 67,219 times.|
- AWOLNATION - Sail (Feed Me Remix)
- Lorde - Everybody Wants to Rule the World
Sail © 2011 Red Bull Records; Everybody Wants to Rule the World © 1985 Phonogram (UK), Mercury (US), Vertigo (CA); The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack © 2013 Republic Records, Mercury Records. My mash-ups are transformative works and are protected by the DMCA’s fair-use doctrine.
Protip: this is walking tempo, so make sure to play it while walking away from explosions like a badass
Miss The Sims 2? Here’s how to get The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection (PC only) for FREE!
- Get Origin. If you already have Origin you can skip to step 3.
- Create a free Origin Account to get in the game.
- Launch Origin and log in.
- From the “Games” tab in the Origin menu, select ”Redeem Product Code” and enter the code I-LOVE-THE-SIMS
- Enjoy TS2 base game with all eight expansions and all ten stuff packs!
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME I SPEND HOURS TORRENTING JUST 3 XPACKS LAST NIGHT
WAHAHAHAHHAAHA I FINISHED BOTH MY SUMMER COURSES WAHAHAHAHAHHAAHA YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
I’M GOING TO PLAY A LOT OF VIDEO GAMES TONIGHT and then I need to fix bottom’s head but VIDEO GAMES THO
Having a bad day? Here are some SPN pick-me-ups!
And always remember that:
This is surprisingly uplifting coming from a show about demons.
this literally just fixed my entire week. thank you so much imagine-fallen-angels for reblogging this.
I get scolded so much for having the anti possesion tattoo on my wall in my room like I swear I love God
like I swear I love God
apparently i did a high school AU at some point???
what the american school system teaches us
Audrey says “fuck your gender roles”
This movie is super underrated.
Audrey is so underrated. How can you not love her?
I have a love-hate relationship with this movie.
On one hand it’s got awesome PoC characters who defy racial and gender stereotypes. It also discusses colonialism and how people tend to destroy indigenous cultures to obtain land and resources (which is why the crew ultimately decided a to pretend they never found Atlantis because they don’t want anyone else to try and destroy the culture).
But on the other hand, the whole plot is that Atlantis needs a white, cishet man to save it from extinction and for some reason he understand their culture and language better than they do.
hEY FUCK YOU OKAY
MILO WAS THE ANTITHESIS OF WHITE SAVIOR
HE WAS A NERDY USELESS LITTLE SHIT WHO WAS COWARDLY UNTIL OTHERS FORCED HIM TO ACT
HIS ONLY STRENGTHS WERE HIS MIND AND HIS ETHICS
HE WAS THE PERFECT DUDE FOR THE JOB AND THE REASON HE KNEW BETTER WAS BECAUSE HE RIGOROUSLY STUDIED TEXTS THAT HAD BEEN LOST OR DESTROYED IN ATLANTIS BECAUSE KIDA’S FATHER INTENTIONALLY LET HIS KINGDOM LAPSE INTO DECAY AND OBSCURITY
DO NOT PULL THAT WHITE SAVIOUR BULLSHIT BECAUSE MILO WAS A DAMN GOOD DUDE
calming down ur bf